SAM Chest Seal (SCS) Non-Valve
Out of stock
THE SAM® CHEST SEAL IS FDA 510(k) CLEARED
WHAT IS THE SAM® CHEST SEAL
- The SAM® Chest Seal is our new occlusive dressing designed for treating open chest wounds (also known as a sucking chest wound), a life-threatening situation that could lead to tension pneumothorax. This is the second leading cause of preventable death on the battlefield.
WHY THE SAM® CHEST SEAL
- Key features of the SAM® Chest Seal include its strong adhesive and its flexible construction which allows conformability over the wound. The adhesive properties have been tested to simulate various environments including adhesion to hair, sweat, blood, in the presence of sand, submersion in water, and during extended wear. The chest seal also adheres under extreme heat and cold.
- Another key advantage of the strong adhesion is its ability to reseal, making it ideal for venting the wound. The SAM® Chest Seal addresses other military needs including a larger dressing area, and by including a highly and rapidly absorbent 5″ x 9″ pad for cleaning the wound area before application.
ONE-WAY VALVE OPTION
- The SAM®CHEST SEAL is also available in a valve version. This version features a one-way valve, when its cap is removed. The one-way valve provides for low resistance flow of air out of the chest cavity while preventing ingress. The valve is also designed to prevent blockage internally. With the cap in place, the dressing is occlusive.
- The domed shape of the valve was specially designed to prevent obstruction of the air channels from items such as blankets, clothing, and body armor.
NIGHT VISION OPTIMIZED
- With its ultimate use in global combat zones, we optimized the SAM® Chest Seal for night vision. Both the packaging and chest seal can be viewed under no light conditions with the use of a night vision device. This allows for easier placement in all light conditions.
- The SAM® Chest Seal is made in the USA
- Device adheres despite the presence of blood, sweat, hair, and sand
- Adheres despite storage as defined in Military Standard 810G
- Easily applied in battlefield situations
- Has tabs to facilitate removal of adhesive [dressing]
- Minimum incidence of allergic reactions to adhesive
- Oval shape; 6-8 inches or larger in size
- Creates an occlusive seal
- Ventable through lifting a flap on the seal; reseals well after venting
- Puncture-resistant packaging; lightweight and ruggedized
- Long shelf life; inexpensive
- Integrity and function maintained when stored or carried in folded configuration
- Configured for ease of use in low-light environments*
- Packaged two per package
- Dressing and packaging are night vision optimized for visibility in all light conditions
- Non-valve is packaged two per pouch
- Latex free
- Works under extreme heat and cold
- Rapid, highly absorbent 5″ x 9″ pad included
- Chest seal size: 9.2″ x 7.6″