The ease of gauze. The power of QuikClot Combat Gauze.
QuikClot Combat Gauze is a sterile, 3 in. x 4 yds. Z-folded, nonwoven gauze with X-ray indicator, and is impregnated with kaolin, an inorganic mineral that activates Factor XII, which in turn accelerates the body’s natural clotting ability. This bleeding control solution creates a robust clot to control bleeding fast potentially giving you more time to attend to other tasks as you move patients through the continuum of care. Stock up on this key medical item.
Based on a different mineral than zeolite based QuikClot products, it generates no heat and tt shares the benefit of being inert and non-allergenic.
The QuikClot Combat Gauze provides the ease of gauze but with an added clotting agent embedded within providing the power to stop even the worst arterial and venous bleeding. The user simply packs the Combat Gauze dressing into the wound just as they have been taught in any basic first aid class over the years and applies pressure for 3-5 minutes.
Even the most traumatic arterial and venous bleeding is stopped. QuikClot Combat Gauze is so pliable that it conforms to virtually any size or shape of injury you will encounter. It is easily removed once clotting has taken place.
QuikClot Combat Gauze Specifications:
- Controls Bleeding: Promotes clotting within minutes, allowing responders to control bleeding in an efficient and timely manner.
- Easy To Use: QuikClot Combat Gauze uses the same placement technique as standard gauze
- Expedited Product Access: Eight tear points for quicker application
- Heat Free: QuikClot products produce NO Heat
- Expiration: 5 year shelf life
- Easily removed once clotting occurs
- Recommended by Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
QuikClot Combat Gauze Dimensions:
- Packaged – H 5 in. x W 5.5 in. x D 0.625 in.
- Gauze – L 4 yd x W 3 in.
- Weight: 0.8 oz
Combat Gauze Typical use:
- Penetrating Wounds & Massive Bleeding
- Gunshot Wounds
- Mass Casualty Events
- Large Non-Compressible Injuries Where Tourniquets Cannot Be Applied
- Effective in Tourniquet Conversion
*Usage is not limited to this list